NOTICE: THIS ADHESIVE IS ONLY INTENDED TO BOND THE GLASS SCREEN TO THE LCD AND/OR DIGITIZER ON A SMARTPHONE. ANY OTHER USES ARE NOT SUGGESTED OR RECOMMENDED.
Octopus Glue is compatible with all smartphone digitizers, LCDs and outer glass.
Application & Curing
Apply needed amount to center of digitizer in a line.
Slowly place the glass lens onto the digitizer.
Cure the glue with UV light for 3-5 minutes depending on your UV light source. You may cure the phone in sunlight, but it may take a few hours.
Some high powered LED Lamps may cure as fast as 10 seconds, but some low power lamps may take up to 15 minutes.
UV Flashlight Curing: sit flush on glass on first sport for 1 minute, then move it to next uncured spot.
Continue to cure the screen spot by spot until the entire screen is cured. See the product images for a demonstration. This process may take 15-20 minutes.
Please note excess glue may be pushed into your phone when you apply the glass. This is common with Samsung phones. The glue will not damage your phone, but the uncured leaking glue will seep for a couple of days until it is gone.
When fully cured, Octopus Glue will have a rubbery consistency. A hardness of 25A is comparable to that of a rubber band. This is perfect for your phone, but not suitable for other uses. Octopus Glue is not an epoxy or resin, and should not be used like one.
LOCA repairs are not simple, and should only be attempted after plenty of research to make sure you know what you are doing. Every day, Amazon shoppers purchase Octopus Glue with no preparation, or for other applications. This is why we have negative reviews. Please purchase this product only when you are READY to repair a SMARTPHONE.
- HIGH LIGHT TRANSMITTANCE: 99% @175 um. Octopus Glue improves the viewing experience by increasing contrast ratio and minimizing quality loss due to reflection. Its unique formula results in a clear, haze-free and yellowing-free finish like a brand-new phone. EXCELLENT GAP FILLING: Octopus Glue fills small scratches on the digitizer surface that may occur when removing old adhesive.
- HARDNESS: 25A. Octopus Glue’s 25A hardness increases the display’s overall strength and extends the screen assembly’s life by making the display more resistant to heat, moisture, and temperature changes.
- 3ml GRADUATED SYRINGE: Octopus Glue takes the guess-work out of a repair by coming in a UV resistant amber graduated syringe that measures in increments of .2 ml. Being able to measure how much Octopus Glue you are using is crucial. Using too much or too little LOCA can result in a botched repair. With preceise measurments, this 10 ml of Octopus Glue can repair 5-20 devices. See product description for recommended amounts for specific devices.
- 12 LED UV FLASHLIGHT: for reliably spot curing Octopus Glue & BONUS: Plastic Razor Blade Scrapers for removal of old adhesive and Micro Fiber Cloth for final surface cleaning and preparation.
- SUPER LOW VISCOSITY: 1400 (MPA.S). Super low viscosity means that Octopus Glue is not very thick and flows very easily. Not only are air bubbles less likely to occur with Octopus Glue, but they are also easier to remove. Octopus Glue’s super low viscosity also means that you can get the job done with less glue than with generic LOCA formulas. Using a thinner layer of glue also results in increased optical performance of the repaired device. Ask about other generic LOCA’s viscosity values, they will be most likely over 2,000 to 5,000.